I am a Ph.D. student in the department of Computer Science at the University of Lyon, INSA-Lyon, France. My supervisors are Audrey Serna, Aurélien Tabard and Sébastien George. I'm affiliated with laboratory LIRIS and CNRS. My Ph.D. subject is Designing and analyzing collaborative activities in multi-surface environments, which is in the field of Human-Computer Interaction. I am experienced in UX research & design, and Frontend developing.
Ph.D. in Computer Science (Human-computer Interaction)
National Institute of Applied Sciences Lyon (INSA Lyon), France
09.2013 - 05.2017
M.S in Electrical Engineering (Embedded System)
Jilin University, China. Graduation with distinction
09.2010 - 07.2013
B.S in Physics
Jilin University, China. Recommended to Graduate School
09.2006 - 07.2010
Balsamiq Mockups, paper prototyping, storyboarding, Sketch, Axure, InVision
Behavioral analysis, Quantitative & Qualitative experiments & analysis, Usability testing, A/B testing
ARM core chip STM32 and STM8, Arduino, Circuit design and PCB design
English (proficient); French (Conversational); Chinese (Native)
- Lili Tong, Audrey Serna, Sébastien George and Aurélien Tabard. 2017. Horizontal vs. Vertical: How the Orientation of a Large Interactive Surface Impacts Collaboration in Multi-Surface Environments. IFIP Human-Computer Interaction - INTERACT 2017 (in press). (acceptance rate: 29%)
- Lili Tong, Audrey Serna, Sébastien George and Aurélien Tabard. 2017. Supporting Decision-Making Activities in Multi-Surface Learning Environments . In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU '17) - Volume 1, pages 70-81. ISBN: 978-989-758-239-4. (Best student paper award, top 2%)
- Lili Tong, Audrey Serna, Simon Pageaud, Sébastien George and Aurélien Tabard. 2016. It’s not how you stand, it’s how you move: F-formations and collaboration dynamics in a mobile learning game. In Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Human Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services (MobileHCI '16). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 318-329. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2935334.2935343. (acceptance rate: 23%)
- Audrey Serna, Lili Tong, Aurélien Tabard, Simon Pageaud, and Sébastien George. 2016. F-formations and collaboration dynamics study for designing mobile collocation. In Proceedings of the 18th International Conference on Human-Computer Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services Adjunct (MobileHCI '16). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 1138-1141. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2957265.2962656
- Lili Tong. 2015. Supporting Design of Interaction in Multi-surface Environments for Collaborative Learning. Dans 27ème conférence francophone sur l'Interaction Homme-Machine (IHM '15), ACM. Toulouse, France. 4 pages. Doctroal symposium.
- Lili Tong, Audrey Serna, Sébastien George, Aurélien Tabard, and Gilles Brochet. 2014. Interactive Surface Composition Based on Arduino in Multi-Display Environments. In Proceedings of the Ninth ACM International Conference on Interactive Tabletops and Surfaces (ITS '14). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 369-374. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1145/2669485.2669548
- Lili Tong. 2014. Toward rapid prototyping tools for designing collaborative learning activities on tabletops. Dans Rencontres Jeunes Chercheurs - Environnements informatiques pour l'apprentissage humain (RJC-EIAH '14), La Rochelle. pp. 75-80.
Conference Student Volunteer for ACM ITS 2014